The 2011 ICF Dragonboat Club Crew World Championships scheduled for July 21-24 in Toronto will have Paracanoe and I.D.(Intellectual Disability) events! The Dragonboat is a great ‘first contact’ boat for our sport. The inclusion of events for these new paddlers is a great way the event is aligning with CKC’s strategic goals to pro-actively reach out to Canadian’s with physical and/or intellectual disabilities. Our whole sport is enriched by their participation!
Take advantage of the World Championships to boost the Para and I.D. programs at your club!
- 10 person boats will be used.
- There will be separate events for Para-canoeists and I.D. canoeists
- Paracanoe Dragonboats will require 2 able-bodied paddlers for boat stability
- I.D. Dragonboats will require 2 able-bodied paddlers for boat stability
- Crews will be gender mixed
- 200, 500 and 2000m events are possible depending upon the number of entries
Please go to www.toronto2011.ca for further information.
This invite will be distributed internationally next week.