Canoe Kayak BC Weekly E-newsletter for Coaches – 150505
1) Coach Development Month Online Workshop Reminders…
2) Periodization of Psychological Performance Tuesday, May 12 at 12 p.m. EST • Online workshop
3) ELCC Advanced Gradation Manage a Sport Program Module Wednesday, May 20, 7–10 p.m. EST • Online workshop
4) The 4 Stages of Technical Development Monday, May 25 • 12:00 – 14:00 EST • Online workshop – Note Time change
– All coaches should register through the Locker by following this Link
– After coaches login, or create an account, make sure to set the calendar settings as indicated below, and you will find the workshops listed in the calendar.
Ice or Heat after Injury | SportMedBC
Surprisingly, one of the most common questions still asked in our clinic is “Should I use ice or heat after an injury?” Read this article to learn more about it!
CanoeKids Instructors Course (SPI VERSION)
May 22-23, 2015
$50 early bird discount if registered before May 15th.
Registration fee – $150 + $30 CKC fee for CKBC members
Click HERE to register.
Get Coaching | Coach.ca
Is this your first year of coaching and you have no clue what to do? Get Coaching! is a free online tutorial series designed to provide new coaches with some basic tips and guide them through building their very own practice plan.
Canoe Kayak BC Weekly E-newsletter for Athletes – 150504
Slawko Fedechko Season Opener Regatta
A beautiful sunny weekend brought out a crowd and some old familiar faces to this year’s event. (Check out the photos on our Facebook page) Heard the words ‘personal best’ a number of times. Nice to see the results of a long winter of training!
Thanks Ridge for hosting a great regatta and Slawko who must have had something to do with the weather!
Vancouver Kayak Club Festival – Low water levels reduced the numbers for this event but those who did attend had a great time and returned home tired! Someone from that club should have nominated Chris Campbell during volunteer week! He and his team do a lot of hard work to make this event an annual success!
BC Marathon Canoe Camp
Marathon canoe facilitators Fiona Vincent and Mike Vincent from Regina were in Prince George, BC this weekend conducting ELCC marathon coach evaluations and leading the BC provincial marathon clinic. The Fraser and Nechako Rivers provided a variety of challenging water from shallows to swift current.
Regional Outreach – Regional Coach Stan spent the weekend in Penticton working with an aspiring group of sprint athletes. Nice to see some renewed interest from an area that at one time contributed a large number of athletes to our multisport games teams.